Will County Vaccine Sign Up
Posted: February 22, 2021
The following is from the Will County Health Department (Dated: February 18, 2021). The original content is available on the WCHD's website.
Please fill out the COVID-19 Vaccination Information Form below to get on the participation list for Covid-19 vaccination. ***This form is meant for Will County residents only.*** The form was designed to assist the Will County Health Department in planning for Covid-19 vaccine distribution. Questions contained in this information form were developed from limited and preliminary guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) & Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). NOTE: For the age question, you will first be asked if you are over 75. If you answer NO, you will THEN be asked if you are over 65. Governor Pritzker recently stated that Phase 1B in Illinois will include those over 65.
Will County Vaccine Update
Posted: February 10, 2021
Will County Health Department (WCHD) Executive Director Sue Olenek reports that a new call center COVID-19 hotline will be up and running within the next 7-10 days. Reverse 911 will be used for those who previously registered for the vaccine will get text, phone call, and email in response to their inquiry. Additional information is available in WJOL's interview with Ms. Olenek.
Earlier this week, the Will County Board approved CARES Act allocation of $2 million to help remedy the large number of calls to the Will County Health Department COVID-19 hotline. For more information, visit the Will County news page COVID-19 Vaccine Supply in Will County does not meet needs of population or view the Will County Release (PDF) dated February 9, 2021.
Posted: February 4, 2021
The Will County Health Department is currently transitioning to Phase 1B of the Illinois Department of Health (IDPH) Vaccination Plan.
- Persons aged 65 years and older
- Frontline essential workers are defined as those workers who are essential for the functioning of society and including the following:
- First Responders: Firefighters (including volunteers), Law Enforcement Officers (LEOs), 911 Dispatch (Public Safety Answering Point – PSAP), Security Personnel, School Officers. EMS personnel are considered under Phase 1A.
- Corrections Officers/Inmates: Jail Officers, Juvenile Facility Staff, Workers Providing In-Person Support, Inmates.
- Food and Agriculture Workers: Processing, Plants, Veterinary Health, Livestock Services, Animal Care.
- Postal Service Workers
- Manufacturing Workers: Industrial production of goods for distribution to retail, wholesale or other manufacturers.
- Grocery Store Workers: Baggers, Cashiers, Stockers, Pick-Up, Customer Service.
- Public Transit Workers: Flight Crew, Bus Drivers, Train Conductors, Taxi Drivers, Para-Transit Drivers, In-Person Support, Ride Sharing Services.
- Education Workers (Congregate Child Care, Pre-K through 12th Grade): Teachers, Principals, Student Support, Student Aids, Day Care Workers.
- Shelters/Adult Day Care: Homeless Shelter, Women's Shelter, Adult Day/Drop-In Program, Sheltered Workshop, Psycho-Social Rehab.
State of Illinois
Information about the State of Illinois' Vaccination Plan Overview is available on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response website. Site locations in our area can be found using the Vaccination Locations search tool.
The Will County Health Department (WCHD) is requesting that eligible Will County residents register for the COVID-19 vaccine as it becomes publicly available by completing a Registration Form available on their COVID-19 Vaccine site.
See also: COVID-19 Center Vaccine Page
Phase 4 Guidelines
Updated February 4, 2021
Region 7 advanced to Phase 4 Guidelines of the Restore Illinois Plan, announced by the Illinois Department of Public Health in a News Release dated February 1, 2021. Please visit the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity (IDCEO) website for the latest information regarding the Restore Illinois Plan.