Centers for Disease Control
Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People
On July 27, 2021, the CDC added a recommendation for fully vaccinated people to wear a mask in public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high transmission.
- Updated information for fully vaccinated people given new evidence on the B.1.617.2 (Delta) variant currently circulating in the United States.
- Added a recommendation for fully vaccinated people to wear a mask in public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high transmission.
- Added information that fully vaccinated people might choose to wear a mask regardless of the level of transmission, particularly if they are immunocompromised or at increased risk for severe disease from COVID-19, or if they have someone in their household who is immunocompromised, at increased risk of severe disease or not fully vaccinated.
- Added a recommendation for fully vaccinated people who have a known exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 to be tested 3-5 days after exposure, and to wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days or until they receive a negative test result.
- CDC recommends universal indoor masking for all teachers, staff, students, and visitors to schools, regardless of vaccination status.
For additional information, please see the CDC page on Guidance for Fully Vaccinated People.
State of Illinois
Phase 5 - Full Reopening
Gov. Pritzker announced that the State of Illinois moved to Phase 5 (also known as a full opening) of the Restore Illinois Plan effective Friday, June 11, 2021. For more information, please see the News Release (June 10, 2021) and the Phase 5 Guidance for Businesses and Venues (PDF).
State of Illinois
There are several health care providers within the City of Lockport and Will County. However, to determine their current COVID-19 protocols including testing procedures, patients are asked to to please visit the provider’s website and/or call in advance. In the event of a medical emergency, dial 9-1-1.
- DuPage Medical Group 1206 E. 9th Street, Lockport, IL 60441
- Lockport Medical Express 16211 W. 159th Street, Lockport, IL 60441
- Silver Cross Hospital 1900 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox, IL 60451
CVS and Walgreens Pharmacies are providing COVID-19 Testing Services. Please visit their websites and/or call in advance to determine current procedures.
State of Illinois
For a map of area testing sites throughout Will County, please visit the COVID-19 Testing page maintained by the Will County Health Department.
Restaurant Revitalization Fund
Small Business Association
Sonni Choi Williams
(815) 838-0549 x2142
Illinois Rental Payment Program
The Illinois Rental Payment Program (ILRPP) is an emergency rental assistance program designed to support households in Illinois that are unable to pay rent due to the COVID-19 pandemic. More information is available on the Illinois Housing Development Authority's website on the 2021Illinois Rental Payment Program page.
The local Heritage Corridor line has been running on a Alternate Schedule during the week. There is no weekend service on the Heritage Corridor. Metra is planning service enhancements as ridership returns from the pandemic. New pilot schedules will begin on July 12 on the UP North, BNSF, and Metra Electric lines, on July 19 on the Rock Island Line, and in the coming weeks for all other lines which includes the Heritage Corridor line. Updated schedules will be posted on the Metra website.
U.S. Department of Homeland Security pushes back REAL ID deadline to May 3, 2023. Current Illinois driver’s licenses or ID cards will continue to be accepted at airports, military bases and secure federal facilities. For additional information, please see the Homeland Security Real ID page or Illinois Secretary of State REAL ID page.
To view updates on passport operations, please see the U.S. Department of State’s main U.S. Passport page. Passports may be able to be renewed by mail if your situation meets certain criteria established by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs. Please visit their website for more information.