The IL-7/IL-171 Intersection Improvement project is a State project with local participation. The project will include:
• Traffic signal replacement
• Adding left turn lanes on IL 171
• Reconstructing on-street parking
• Providing new ADA compliant sidewalks and
crossings within the project area
• Utility relocations and watermain replacement
(watermain replacement is 100% City cost)
• Filling the old coal vaults that currently reside
under the sidewalks as a safety measure for both
pedestrians and building owners.
There was a public meeting held on August 26, 2015. Below is the Brochure and exhibits as provided at the meeting.